Saturday, January 7, 2012

Fire trucks, chimpanzees, and trains

It's a gorgeous day for the zoo!!  I can't believe it is 60 degrees in January!  I didn't want to waste this day inside, so Zeke and I decided to go pick up Hudson and have some fun in the sun!  The boys were great today.  They are always excited to get to hang out.  Our first stop was to the fire station to see Kofi.  He has been really busy lately studying for his captain test so he hasn't had the chance to get very much Zeke time.  We surprised him with a visit, which we normally never do.  I'm glad we did.  Zeke needed a big daddy hug and the boys had a blast playing around on the fire truck.  When we got to the zoo the boys ran straight to the chimpanzee exhibit.  The chimps were playing around outside and I just loved hearing the boys giggle watching them.  We rode the train a couple of times, the carousel a few times, went to the petting zoo, rain forest, played at the park, and visited about every animal.  All three of us had so much fun!  We definitely worked up an appetite so we hit up CiCi's for a late lunch.  The boys chowed down making several trips back through the line.  I love that Zeke has such a fun buddy to hang out with and I'm so glad I can call Shae at the last minute and pick up her son to spend the day with us.  :)


Zeke and Hudson loving the fire truck

Getting a picture with Kofi

Kofi letting the boys play with the water from the truck.



Zeke on the train at the zoo.  It freaks him out when the kids scream in the tunnel...he's learned to join in while still holding his ears.  Too funny!

 They loved watching the chimpanzees.

Deep thought...

Going on ANOTHER train ride!

I love his smile.

He loves brushing the goats

Hudson vs the sheep.

Say cheese!

5 comments:

  1. oh how fun. So wish we lived closer to enjoy days with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing today. I guess you'll have to move then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a perfect day! All this nice weather makes me think that snow must be on the way. :( I prefer it doesn't!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun day!!! I love the Hudson vs. the sheep - that totally looks like a fight is about to go down! And yes I too love Zeke's gigantic cheesy smile like on the carousel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got a zoo membership for Christmas and went during one of the last few days of December---crazy weather! Nice to be able to get out of the house and enjoy it, though!

    ReplyDelete