There is a little chance that I might have run out of patience today, so I gave in and called the doctor's office this afternoon. I left a message on the nurse's line. My message stated that I was trying to be as patient as possible, but I had simply run out of patience and I was starting to freak out. I asked someone to call me with ANY news on Zeke's bone marrow from Monday. As I was walking out of work this afternoon, Jenny, one of the nurse's in Dr.K's office returned my call. Dr. K was out of the office today and Zeke's file was sitting on his desk. Thank goodness I called or I wouldn't have heard back until at least tomorrow! Anyway, she said from what she could tell the leukemia came back NEGATIVE!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!! None of the other test results have come back yet, but I am extremely relieved by this news. God has been listening to all of our prayers!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for praying!!! I asked Jenny if we still needed to come back on Monday and she said yes. I asked why, because Dr.K said we would need to come back to start treatments...if there are no treatments to start then why would we need to come?? So she said she wasn't really sure that she would talk to Dr. K in the morning and call me back.
I am requesting continued prayers for the rest of the test results to come back clear and/or negative. His blood platelets are 1,306,000...so we would like for those to come way down as well. I know that I am excited about this news...but if it's not leukemia...then WHAT IS IT? Some kind of answers would be nice to have. As soon as I have more results/news I will update you. Thanks again for the prayers!!! :)
Our BIG smiles from the news we received!!
Amen and continued prayers. Let me know if there will be a celebration party as me and his future wife will be there. Wait, did I just say that. Just sayin'. Can't think of two cuter kids who could get together!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the thoughts and prayers...I feel so bad asking this, but your name isn't posted and I can't figure out who this is.. :(
DeletePraying for you Stephanie. I can't even begin to understand what you are going through. I want that good news to keep coming :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much April!!
DeleteSteph.....this is Jackie Day...I am on my sisters blog site. I have been following your blogs....And I too have been praying my heart out for Zekey....We have an awesome God ...Who Does Answer Our Prayers. Love ya girl thanks for keeping us posted
ReplyDeleteHey Jackie! So good to hear from you. Thanks for following...it's a good stress reliever for me! Thanks for the prayers too. We need to get together soon! Miss you!
DeleteYay!!! Cuties in the pic...love those smiles :-)
ReplyDeleteI'll say a prayer!