
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Please No, Not Again... :(
Wow, it has been a long time since I have posted anything on here. I figured now would be a great time to get back into it considering Zeke's health is one of the reasons why I started writing a blog in the first place. Well, it has been a little over a year since Zeke had his bone marrow and it looks like he will have another one soon. I post on Facebook about our doctor's visits. Basically over the last year we haven't learned anything new about what is going on with him or inside his little body. Since his last bone marrow his blood platelet counts continued to improve every month. They dropped from the original count of 1.432 million down to 612,000 by the end of 2012. I was very excited that he was continuing to do so well and his counts were coming down. I had been told by the doctors that this could be 'just one of those things that happen for no reason' and I was starting to believe that. In January of this year we went back for our monthly appointment to check his counts. When I got the results I was incredibly sad and confused. His counts in January were 1.472 million...the highest they had ever been. I didn't understand why. I don't understand how it took a year to get them to come down as much as they did just to shoot back up higher than ever before over night. Since that appointment we have been going in every 2 weeks for testing. His counts came down a little, but still remained over a million at 1.075. Yesterday his counts were back up a little at 1.263 million. Today Zeke's nurse, Laura, gave me a call to tell me the results from his labs yesterday. She informed me that Dr. K wants to do another bone marrow as soon as possible. I stressed the importance of how I want Dr. K to do his procedure. He is the doctor that not only I trust, but that Zeke trusts. Obviously this is not the news I have been hoping for. I want my little guy to get better, but I also want answers...I need to know something!! Around 12pm the hospital called me back to give me his appointment. The first available appointment is on March 13th. The only problem is that is not the week Dr. K is doing the procedures; Dr. Mohamed is the doctor on duty that week for procedures. I am sure he is a fabulous doctor...I just don't want him doing it. We have only been in the office one time when Dr. K was over booked and Zeke had to see a different doctor. That didn't go over well with Zeke. He was beyond upset and didn't understand where Dr. K was. I want my little man to be as comfortable as possible...and to be honest; I want to feel good about it too. Dr. K did his first one and everything turned out fine, so that's what I want to happen again. The nurse said that Dr. K would be doing rounds in the hospital on that day but she would talk to him for me to see if he would be able to make his schedule available to do Zeke's procedure. Soooo....hopefully he can!!! On the morning of the 13th, we will check in at Dr. K's office at 8am. Dr. Mohamed will look over Zeke and sign the orders for the procedure. Once that has happened we will go downstairs for the procedure and hopefully Dr. K will be able to come meet us down there. I was looking at the blog post I wrote last year about this. It brings back memories of looking at those pictures and reading what happened that morning. I want to thank you for your prayers for Zeke. I do believe in the power of prayer. I am grateful to all of my wonderful friends and family and for your love and support for Zeke during this past year. It means so much to my family. I promise to take lots of pictures and keep you posted on his procedure!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Hopefully it all goes well. :-) Dustin
ReplyDeleteHello Stephanie- I just want you to know that I am thinking about you and praying for you and Zeke tonight. My prayer is that you would have peace and be able to rest tonight and that everything would go smoothly in the morning. I am also praying that you will get some explanation for the wildly high platelet counts. Know that I am here if you need an ear or have questions.
ReplyDeleteAndrew's mom--Amy Isaac